We’re specialists on the use and customize data standards in the financial services industry including FpML, FIX PROTOCOL, and ISO 20022 to improve, add value, customize and validate your data quality.
TradeHeader S.L. specializes in providing software development, consulting, and training in the area of financial data standards. We have strong expertise in OTC (Over-The-Counter) derivatives products and processes and we are specialized in messaging standards such as FpML, FIX PROTOCOL, and ISO 20022. We don’t just know these standards, we are involved in designing, evolving, and stewarding them.
Examples of TradeHeader’s services include:
- Development of an internal messaging standard extending FIX/FIXML, FpML, and ISO20022 for a global investment bank. Messaging model for multiple projects within the bank: Dodd-Frank and EMIR Reporting, new Electronic Trading Platform, Internal Trade Repository, Reference Data, Market Data, Real-Time Credit Limit Checking.
- Training and consulting for the development of a new trade repository and reporting service based on FpML in Asia. Project included the review of the repository design and functionality, product data representation, reporting specification via CSV and FpML, creation of testing scenarios and test data. Training of the development team and testers in FpML.
- Development of messaging specifications based on FIX/FIXML and FpML for a global electronic trading platform. The specification is currently being used by hundreds of clients and includes connectivity with confirmation platforms and clearing houses.
- EMIR analysis on trade repositories and data reporting.
- Design and development of FpML Trader, a workflow application based on FpML version 5 to facilitate the information flows between investment managers and custodians.
TradeHeader’s clients include central banks, investment banks, asset managers, custodians, exchanges, service providers, and technology companies.
Read our Case Study on Internal Messaging for an Investment Bank [pdf]
This is a sample of projects and tasks we have developed which involve some messaging consulting:
- Consulting for global organizations developing their internal messaging based on FpML, FIX/FIXML, and ISO 20022.
- Development of messaging specifications.
- XML Schema development including the creation of extensions following standards’ architectural guidelines
- Definition and implementation of validation rules
- Creation of test cases for system testing
- Advising on OTC derivatives trade repositories.
- Data mapping between front-office and back-office systems (Murex, Kondor+, OPICS, Calypso, Scrittura).
- Representation of complex structured products for internal messaging.
- Data integration with DTCC and MarkitSERV.
- Developed a set of templates in order to facilitate the population of a fully compliant FpML message identifying required, defaulted, and derived fields.
- Standards compliance analysis.
- DTD to XML Schema conversion.
- Mapping from FpML to ISO 20022 for ESMA regulatory reporting.